View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 14:31
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 190/178/165 Female 5"11
BF:
Progress: 48%

Its great hearing from you all. As for the menus, I am following the plan. But here is some ideas of what I have eaten. Breakfast: Sauted asparagus with mayo & lemon dip , snack cucumber with salt, chili & lemon, a cup of tea, lunch (main meal):asian wings with cabbage saute, Snack cheese or jicama, or sliced hotdogs, another cup of tea maybe with splenda and 1/2 & 1/2. about 8pm I will have a salad with roquefort and egg . Or I do the eggs for breakfast with 2-3 sausage or green beans with curmbled bacon. Lunch (main meal)at, 3:00 may be beef fajitas with a pile of lettuce and 1/2 avocado and sliced onions and a great salsa, or chili rellanos (my fave) with 1/2 avocado. Hope that gives you an idea. I guess I am not metabolic resistant, which I was really afraid I was since I have an underactive thyroid. But so far so good. Its not always going to be this great, but nothing like a great start to get you going!

Montse, I am not that familiar with barbocoa, but i know what you mean about something being fatty is bad for us. Its hard to come around and to realize that its ok for us. I have even had dreams the I am going to have a heart attach from eating all this fat. I actually had to spit out some chicharrones the other day, I just couldn't swallow that much fat. Too much of a good thing I think can be bad, it comes down moderation. Atkins did said no one hardly ever over binges on fat or protein. And of course, the old story of stop when you feel full. LOL

Adios amigos,Gringo