View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 14:27

Plan: Self Designed Low Carb
Stats: 253/145/165 Female 65 inches
BF:
Progress: 123%

I'm hardly a pro...but I firmly believe that there is some defining moment associated with any type of life change and that moment makes you "ready" to embrace the change.

It's like lying on the couch and watching the exercise shows and thinking, "Wow, I'll bet that really works", and knowing that you should get off your duff and do some crunches, but you're just not "ready" to actually do it.

Work toward your defining moment. Immerse yourself in the culture of what you want to accomplish. Read this forum daily. Read your diet plan book until you know it word for word. Plan your shopping list and your menus. Research the medical aspects of your plan. Heck, buy Dr. Phil's book - Potatofree has mentioned it so many times I'm going to have to buy it just to see if it is something that will further reinforce my own defining moment. During this time maybe you need to take a breather in your efforts - although not abandon them. Maybe make a deal with yourself that until you are "ready" to commit to your plan that your only goal will be to maintain your current weight and not let it creep up.

Once everything clicks and you are ready to accept a new way of life and eating, you will be in a much better position to meet the challenges, obstacles, and temptations that are inherent on the way to accomplishing your goals.

I am confident that you will find your way because you want this to happen.

Anne