Old Mon, Jan-19-04, 11:35

Plan: Atkins - Maintenance
Stats: 185/150/150 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alina
Frederick,
I know - one year seems almost unreal...... My Anniversary will be on January 27th and I can't believe it either.....one year and many veggies later, right?

LOL...Hi there Alina. Congrats to you as well. I remember we both started out at around the same time last year; and, I have great pleasure in reading you've done so well. Oh, and speaking of those dreaded veggies, in a single year of LC, I've eaten more veggies than I have in my entire life. The price we must pay for success. Sometimes I even wonder if it's worth it--all those dreaded veggies I force myself to eat. (LOL...joke, but somewhat serious too)

Quote:
You asked about feeling anything special.....well, I do feel this is the perfect WOE for me and I'm very grateful for getting my health back. I'm still under the spell of the famous 'Atkins energy kick' LOL
I also feel I should stop buying clothes...... "Atkins Diet ruined me!" - could be a story to sell?

I feel the same, now. In the beginning, I remember feeling lethargic wondering when and if this LC boost will ever hit me. Now, I'm not sure if I've ever been struck by the "Atkins energy kick," but my body is now fully acclimated to primarily burning fat as it's main source of fuel requiring very little carbs. On LC, I can now very easily run 5 miles. Would that count as an energy kick?

You've worked hard, found the ideal eating regimen for you, reaped the benefits of gainful heath, and look great in the process. Ah, in my view, they're all good reasons to binge on buying clothing, non? LOL I mean, better to spend on clothing than, say, ice cream? So, during your next trip, drive to Paris and go shopping at les Rue de St. Honore and have a great time! Life is far too short and enjoyable a thing not to make yourself happy in every way imaginable.

Quote:
Congratulations to you!!! Great to see you are still around.........
Alina

Likewise, glad to see you too, and especially knowing you're doing so well!