View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sun, Jan-18-04, 20:57

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 127.5/127/112 Female 4' 10
BF:26.7%/26.5%/23.6%
Progress: 3%
Thumbs down Sugar Alcohol

Wow, that stuff kept me up all night a few weeks back! I work in a store and we had gotten in some new sugar free candy - it was like Tootsie Rolls and I really like them. So, I figured I'd give them a try. Well, I got terrible cramps and I rumbled inside most of the night but I did not run to the bathroom. I figured it wasn't worth the pain that I had so I did not eat anymore of them.

I love Jelly Belly jelly beans and I just had to try the sugar free ones. I figured I'd just get the cramps and rumbling again if anything. Was I ever wrong - I probably ate about 1 1/2 servings - that night I woke up at 3 AM so sick I and in such pain that I could hardly stand it. I spend most of the rest of the night and the next morning in the bathroom.

I had bought a package for my daugher and was not about to chance her going through what I did. The candy store where I got the Jelly Belly's tried to tell me that only happens if you are not a diabetic - I am sure that has nothing to do with it.

No more for me! If it says on the package "may cause laxative effect" I am going to run from it!