View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 19:02
Finding the Pieces

Plan: Mishmash
Stats: 365/260.0/185 Female 66
BF:
Progress: 58%

IMHO, I don't really believe snacking is allowed on CALP past the same one snack that is on plan A in CAD.

IMHO, I really think CALP wasn't written that well on the diet part but rather expands on the diet to tailor the program to the 40+ crowd and to the triggers that might sabotage the chemistry behind the diet.

You have to remember that CAD is a complete book about the basic plan. In CALP they spend two pages saying follow the basic plan but never specify exactly what the basic plan is beyond craving reducing meals and snacks and a reward meal.

In CAD, however, they go quite thoroughly into the basic plan and the science behind the plan and reactions of the carbohydrate addict (CA) and why the CA should eat no more than 4 times total a day.

I've attended many of the Hellers lectures and seen many of their appearances and each time they reiterate that a CA should eat no more than 4 times total per day. And the reason is that not only do CA's react to carbohydrates with a release of normal than usual insulin levels but that higher insulin relases are also triggered when you eat more frequently, even when eating low carb foods...the reaction some Atkinsers encounter as well.