View Single Post
  #15   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 18:01

Plan: atkins
Stats: 354/233/200 Male 5 ft 11 in
BF:YES
Progress: 79%

well what bothers me is the crap put out by the atkins center. they have this infomercial with this guy selling the "official" atkins weight loss package saying over and over again "and remember when doing this diet there is no need to exercise" i bet Dr. atkins was rolling over in his grave. Also i think that the reason some of us care about the media perception isn't becasue we want to be validated but because we are concerned about the mis-information that is getting out to people who could benefit from doing the diet the right way. yes i know that they should be smart enough to read the book but the truth is alot don't. i have a friend who told me he was on the Atkins diet now and that he learned how to do it from some of his friends on it. (he lives out of state from me) I asked him what veggies he was eating and he said that on induction you can't have any veggies at all becasue the 20 carb allowence you get for the 2 wks doesn't allow for it. he ACTUALLY thought that you could only eat a total of 20 carbs for the WHOLE 2 wks of induction. It really worries me the amount of people that do atkins wrong. i could go on and on. Another guy i met at the video store was doing what he called atkins eating nothing but chicken,hamburgers and diet coke. that's it, nothing else. anyway i am done venting.

Jon