View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Sat, Jan-17-04, 09:43

Plan: lower carb
Stats: 333/199.8/172 Female 5'8"
BF:??/39.0/25
Progress: 83%

I'm a firm believer that being successful leads to being more successful. And in order to feel successful, you have to have a way of seeing or measuring it.

If you think about areas in your life where you are feeling successful, like finances or your job, what gives you the feedback that makes you a success? For finances, is it that you have paid all your bills this month or that you have increased your savings account?

With low carbing, you need some way to see or measure your success. Logging your foods at fitday, for example. Using that example, let's say you are eating 200 carbs per day (i.e. you fell off the wagon). Keep logging and keep trying to reduce your carbs per day. Soon you will be feeling successful and more motivated to reduce the carbs per day.

I think a lot of the reason this way of eating loses people is the all or nothing mentality of going low carb. You don't have to eat only 20 carbs a day to be healthier and lose weight. If you are eating 200 carbs per day now and you cut that back to 150 or 100, you will start reaping the benefit of this way of life. And as you cut back, you will reduce that addiction to carbs even more which then leads to being able to lower your intake even more.

Yes, it's quicker to just stop eating the excess carbs, so if you can just do it, then go for it. But it's not necessarily easier for some people. So just do something every day towards making yourself more successful with this way of eating. It's the journey toward our goals that make life interesting!