View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 15:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 272/199/175 Female 65"
BF:
Progress: 75%

You post made me sooo sad because you sound just like me a few years ago. PLEASE don't ever let the losers of the world doubt yourself, your worth or your beauty. One day someone who is worthy you will find you.

I had a very similar experience about 6 yrs ago responding to and placing personal ads. I looked at it as a convenient way to meet guys I otherwise would not have met (I was working and in grad school at the time). I was honest in my ad and replies and thought I had a good outlook on the process (just wanted to meet new people and enjoy myself). I had all kinds of experiences...clicked immediately then never heard from him again, nice but no chemistry, nothing in common, arrogant (one guy actually asked me to "sell" myself to him) and quite a few idiots who made a date then never showed (or saw me and decided to leave). It's so hard to not take that personally but you really have to remember they are doing you a favor...you know their character right up front and you don't have to waste your time.

There are wonderful, real men out there who want a partner and friend, not a trophy or Barbie. When you meet the right one, your weight will not be an issue to him. A real man will support you in whatever your goals are, not force his goals or standards on you (and vice versa).

One day I arranged to meet a guy for coffee after a nice phone conversation. I was 30 mins late due to traffic and he could only stay 30 mins. Honestly, as soon as we started talking, I knew I was going to marry him. After 34 yrs of acting like I didn't care about dating because I never got asked out and multiple bad experiences (yes, including sleeping with guys on first dates, etc. due to my insecurity about my looks), I knew immediately.

We got engaged and moved in together 2 months later and married 8 months later. We've been married 5 years now and have 2 beautiful daughters. My life is completely different now and sometimes I can't even believe I'm someone's wife and mother after so many years of thinking I'd live alone forever.

So, even though it's hard, you just have to believe and put yourself out there if you want to meet someone. And remember, we're here for you.