View Single Post
  #9   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 13:39

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 000/000/000 Female 5'2
BF:
Progress: 43%

Hi Squid,

Congrats on your success! All these posts have been right on--many people stay on induction, while others feel they would prefer to up the carbs. It's totally personal.

I know that Dr. Atkins suggested that people who had a lot to lose might want to stay on induction longer, but you only have 20 pounds to go. It's pretty important to learn how many carbs you can eat and still lose because it helps you after you reach goal. Also, going up in carbs and (perhaps) slowing down the weight loss can really help to reinforce the fact that this is a life change and not a "diet."

As you can see, our stats are pretty similar. I decided to go up in carbs and I feel great for doing so. Of course, I was having trouble working out on 20 carbs and i was also having regularity issues (both issues cleared up immediately when I upped my carbs). I coulnd't be happier with my choice. Also, because I upped my workouts, the increase in carbs hasn't really slowed my loss at all. In fact, I think I am toning and looking better faster because of the workouts.

Anyway, that's my story.

Good luck!