View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 10:38

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 189/169/165 Male 71
BF:
Progress: 83%
Default Lemon Quick Chick

I grew up eating this on a somewhat regular basis. It's even low carb, despite the flour.

1 lb. chicken breast, cut into strips
1/4 c. butter
3/4 c. chicken broth
1/2 lemon, cut into slices or wedges. You can also give the pan a good squirt of lemon juice from a bottle if you don't have fresh lemon.
1/2 tsp. curry
1/2 tsp. salt
1 Tbl. flour
cauliflower for "rice"

Melt the butter in a large skillet, cook chicken until no longer pink on outside. Add flour, curry, salt and cook for 2 minutes. Add chicken broth, squeeze lemons and drop into pan. Bring to a boil, cover, and simmer for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 3-5 minutes to cool. Sauce will thicken as it stands. Lemons can be pulled out

I grate a head of cauliflower and then steam it to substitute for rice, which works pretty well. This is great as a leftover. Serves 2 very hungry people.

Net carb count should only be about 26-27 for the whole batch, including the cauliflower, which is 18 net carbs by itself. 1/2 tsp. of curry isn't enough to make it hot in the slightest, but it's a lot of flavor. I also add a dash of curry to my chicken salad, which is great.
Sponsored Links