View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Fri, Jan-16-04, 09:15
Registered Member

Plan: Modified Atkins for breastfeeding
Stats: 250/245/150 Female 5'5"
BF:2Much junk N trunk
Progress: 5%

I know how that feels. Granted, I'm now married, and have been with Alan since 1995, but I went on dates A LOT before him.
Similiar to meeting people on the net, I had a personal ads. The first time I had one was right after I divorced my first husband in 1993 I think. Put in the ad that I was overweight, mind you, I was 180 during this time frame not bigger like now and everyone seemed perfectly fine with that. Well, during that time frame, I met about 25 of the 50 or so responses and I would say about 18 of them never called me again. The others I would date, but found things I didn't like about them. I went into personal ads three different times. Found guys I wanted to meet, a lot never called again. Then in 1995 I was dating a guy I liked, he was attractive but I got my husband' letter in the mail. (This particular personal ad could accept letters and then forward them to your house). My husband was 160 lbs, good looking, so I put his picture on the desk and told myself he would NEVER want me. I couldn't stop thinking about the great letter he had sent though. All of sudden, I couldn't stand the sight of this other guy I was dating. It was crazy because he was attractive. I called Alan and we talked on the phone for 5 hours the first time we had ever spoken. I was super nervous about meeting him. I just knew he would never call me back. Well, to keep this from getting too long......we met, he fell in love with me right away, and we were married 6 months later. Now we have been together ever since, have four daughters, and never fight. He's my best friend. He has watched me get to this size and still loves me no matter.
Now don't go by the stupid looking picture in my avatar with the crooked smile , but I have always considered myself "cute" too and couldn't understand why those guys couldn't get past the 180 lbs. Well, now I know: those men weren't meant to be with me. I was suppose to marry Alan.
So try not to be sad over it, even though I know that is much easier said than done, but know that God has someone out there for you. Now all you have to do is wait until your paths cross!
The attachment has my picture the day Alan and I married. I weighed 190 lbs that day and he weighed just under 170 lbs. He loved me then and loves me now and he's good looking to me! The other picture was taken just a couple of months ago. I don't think I could have done better.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg wedding day.JPG (28.2 KB, 110 views)
File Type: jpg our xmas03.JPG (46.1 KB, 106 views)