View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 209/161/150 Female 5'6
BF:
Progress: 81%

The support on this site is amazing! thanks for all your encouragement. it took me a while to figure out that some of what Dr. Atkins says in his book my not be quite accurate (in my humble opinion). I am totally convinced that this WOL will work for me, but when Atkins says things like "DOn't bother trimming the fat off that steak" and "don't worry about calories, just count carbs" he may be saying something that is not completely true. it has taken me a few months to figure out that, for me anyway, calories DO count, I DO have to watch portion sizes even if I'm eating "legal" foods, and that I can't eat liberally, as he suggests. I think any low carb plan will have elements we don't agree with, but we have to find what works for us individually. I am trying to lose weight, and my portion sizes and indulgences need to reflect that. BUt hunger is not part of this WOL. I know that when I'm hungry, I can eat. I just need to listen to my body to know when to stop!!!! Thanks again for the support! I have a wonderful little feeling that tells me this WOL will, at long last, help me get this wretched weight off and keep it off! Best of luck to you all.