#1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 18:17

Plan: low glycemic
Stats: // Female jkl
BF:
Progress: 69%
Default For the record, I'm in ketosis.

Hi, folks,

Every now and then someone asks if regular BFL nutrition means no ketosis, and at least for me, I think I have the answer. For the last two weeks, I have been doing Bill's recommended 40% protein, 40% carbs, 20 % fat. My carbs have been low glycemic: barley, grapefruit, blueberries, yogurt, sweet potatoes, beans, old fashioned oats. No bread except LC bread, no sugar, no white flour, etc. My ECC has been around 150g/day, give or take 20 and I have been in very mild ketosis pretty much the entire time.

I am *not* trying to entice anyone away from a true LC approach. My only intent here is to answer the question about ketosis and by-the-book BFL.

As far as my own challenge is concerned, I have to have surgery on my right hand tomorrow, so I'll do what I can until I can do more. Cardio and lower body shouldn't be much of a problem, and one-armed upper body will be wierd, but we'll see how it goes, LOL. Since this is my first challenge, and I'm still learning, I'll probably call these first 3-4 weeks a 'prelude' to BFL and go official with my first challenge when I can get my hand around a dumbbell again.

Nat - if you're lurking, I'm finding this quite a bit like C3 from Body RX, btw.

Cheers,

Friday
Sponsored Links