View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 17:42
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 224/212/140 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 14%

I'm a SAHM with a 13 month old. We've pretty much removed all carbs from our house. So even when I'm starving for a snack, the only food I can find in the house is LC.
But since I've been on the diet, my appetite has really decreased so I don't even get in the mood to snack. Have you tried the Atkins Morning Start Bars - they're great! I just grab one of those when I get the munchies and they do a good job of satisfying my sweet tooth.
I wish that I could get out and work out more, but then there's the baby - what to do with the baby? I even have a tread mill here at home, but my little boy keeps me running around so ragged that I rarely have the willpower to get on it.
I could work out when my son naps, but then I'm usually so thankful to have a little peace in quiet time to myself then I just want to relax before my little tornado wakes up again.
Oh but wait...I got off the subject - sorry! just venting a little.
The key is to get rid of all carbs - you're kids don't need the junk either. You can always replace those bad carbs with fruit and cheese, veggies and dip, pork rinds, and so on for the kids.