View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 16:08

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 160/127/125 Female 5 feet 5 inches
BF:30%/28.7%/??
Progress: 94%

I'm a mostly SAHM. I work two half days/week out of the house. I homeschool my 3 kids (ages 7, 5, and 3).

I try to keep busy cleaning something when I feel like snacking on carby foods. There is *always* something to clean. <sigh>

What I also did was get snack-y foods for the kids that are either ok for lowcarbing (lots of fresh veggies and low glycemic fruits) or something I don't like to eat. I don't keep high carb foods in the house that would tempt me.

Thankfully, my kids enjoy sliced cucumber as much as anything else for a snack! Also cream cheese stuffed celery sticks, or cheese cubes, or strawberries with whipped cream.

I also try to have a cup of tea, or bouillon, or a glass of water or something when I get the munchies. If I just have to have something, and cleaning or tea won't cut it, then I look for a low carb substitute recipe... there are great recipies here on this site! I figure eating 8 carbs worth of "3 minute low carb chocolate cake" is way better than breaking down and eating something with sugar in it.