View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 13:51

Plan: Atkins OWL 30g
Stats: 150/135/125 Female 66"
BF:?/18%/15%
Progress: 60%

Hi tag, I'm a SAHM of 3! I have only been LCing since December, but I've made a lot of changes. One thing I did was completely reorganize my pantry. I threw out lots of junk (year old candy, Nesquick, etc.). When my kids finished off certain sugary things like Pop Tarts and Cocoa Puffs, I didn't replace them. Things that are good for you, but high carb, I decided to donate to our local food pantry (such as canned beans, etc.). When I get to Maintenance I will add back in some of the good carb items.

Since my husband has not gained an ounce since we got married 10 years ago (6'1" and 175) and my kids do not have a weight issue, I haven't changed our household into a total LC one. However, I decided to get rid of a few things that just didn't do our family any good. Like juiceboxes. And Oreos. The rest of my family still likes bread, pasta and potatoes, and I don't prevent them from eating it, although I moderate it.

I filled up the empty space on my pantry shelves with lots of LC items. I have a few "frankenfood" items like Russell Stover candies and CarbSense protein bars, but I don't eat them often. I read Atkin's chapter on how to stock the kitchen, combed the internet for more LC items, and have stocked up based on that. There's lots to nosh on that's OK Atkins-wise.

I also take the time at the beginning of the week to make lots of snacks that I can nosh on if hunger strikes -- egg salad, cheese cubes, summer sausage slices, etc. I'm also a sugar-free Jello addict. I like to put perhaps a little too much whipped topping on it, but hey, we all have our vices.

Your stats are similar to mine -- I am wondering how long it took you to lose weight. I've lost about 9 pounds, but I've been on a stall for about 3 weeks now and I'm wondering if it's taking me longer to lose since I don't have too much weight to drop.

Good luck!