View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 10:19

Plan: Atkins/BFL
Stats: 260/197/150 Female 5'7
BF:52/42.5/28
Progress: 57%
Talking AJ's Work in Progress

Finally starting a gym log after my first 10 weeks of serious workouts.

My routine is as follows:
20 minutes + 5 minutes cooldown on the elliptical, either level 10 Personal Trainer X-Training program or level 8 Random program.
30 minutes weight training
5 minutes abs

I alternate upper body and lower body so that on Monday I do my cardio plus upper body then abs, Tuesday I do cardio, lower body and abs, Wednesday is cardio only so I do 30-45 minutes straight cardio, then abs, then I repeat upper body routine Thursday and lower body on Friday.

I am trying to incorporate some of the Body for Life program into my workout but don't have the book yet. I am doing Atkins WOL with my exercise routine. I have only lost 10 pounds in the last almost 3 months, but I can feel my shape changing so I'm certain that I've lost many inches - I get a re-evaluation at the gym in about 3 weeks and I will be able to check my progress.

The Body for Life elements I have adopted are the pyramid-style weight workouts - that is I start my first set at a lower weight, higher reps (about 12-15 reps) then increase to higher weight 10 reps then higher again, 6-8 reps - then go backwards and reverse the order so finish with the lighter weight, 12-15 reps. I really feel the difference today after doing this.

My goals are to lose about 50-75 more pounds but the scales aren't that important - I LOVE working out and my main goal is to transform myself into a very fit body, and while doing this I plan on getting my personal trainer certification as well as take some nutrition courses so that when the transformation is complete, I can help others. I plan on starting my own business...and that is where I will be approx. 1 year from now!

Until next time...
Laura
Sponsored Links