View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Thu, Jan-15-04, 07:04
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 346/295/220 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 40%

Like I said, there was progress the first couple of days, then sort of a stand still. We have a digital scale, and right now it needs batteries, so I do not have the latest feedback on my progress (which kills me, I want know!!).

As with my first go-round with a LC diet, I didn't follow any specific plan. I liked aspects of Atkins and Protein Power and just ate what I wanted to within reason. I have never followed the induction phase, and usually keep my carb count to around 30g to 40g per day, but this is not done with any exactness. I read labels to find out if a particular food is a really good LC food, a moderate one or high one. Right now, I'm trying to eat only really good LC foods, though I have been known to enjoy more than my fair share of cashews.

As far as an eating plan goes, I eat an EAS low carb bar for breakfast (I get them at Wal-Mart) and take my supplements. For lunch and dinner, I try to have a meat and vegetable and maybe include a salad (along with my supplements).

What I like to do is cook a pork roast and beef roast in the same pan, season it well -- remember, nothing with me is exact, I get it from my mother. I'll put garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, thyme, tarragon, southwest seasonings, etc. and cook it slowly overnight (from about 10 p.m. to 7 a.m.) at 250 degrees. (I cover the roasting pan with tin foil.) Then, in the morning I will take a fork and shred the meat and mix it together. It is great for taco salads. The nice thing is that there is meat readily available in the fridge when I am hungry. Let's face it, a LC diet takes a lot of work, and I am not always industrious.

About the Web site, I have only visited the site to find the location of the nearest weigh-in station. (I still have not received my kit. Your thoughts that the whole thing is breaking down might be on the money.)

When I was updating my profile the other day to reflect changes in weight, I noticed that I first signed up on this forum on Jan. 23, 2003, so I am coming upon my first anniversary. I am really grateful for those people who had the vision to put this site in action and for all of the contributors who share their thoughts, successes, failures and challenges.

With all the negative stuff I heard about LC diets when I first embarked on this journey, I don't know that I would have had the resolve to stay the course without this site. The information provided and the help afforded is invaluable. In part because of this site, I lost 42 pounds in 2003 after years of putting on 10 to 14 pounds annually.

Isn't this site great?

Bobby