View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 20:30
Happy Spring!!!

Plan: Will be starting SBD soon
Stats: 226.5/223.5/175 Female 5'7
BF:34%/33%/lo as poss
Progress: 6%

Hey I'm a nurse too, and I got to wondering the other day why after I increased my fat intake by about double then I started losing. If this WOE is supposed to burn the fat I have (which is alot) they why does it burn even better if I add more fat in my diet???? If my body wants more fat- burn what's on my butt please!!!

about your question about boredom with things to eat? I find I have the opposite problem and want to try out so many recipies that I don't have enough meals in a week to do them all. 2 fav's right now, chicken/broccoli bake, and BBQ ribs OMG they are heavenly!!! don't get stuck in the low-fat way of thinking of only eating boneless skinless chicken breasts for meat. That's what great about this woe, you can experiment and have fun with so many different things.

I have taken several recipies here and modified them to suit me and what I like. There has only been one that I tried and hated and threw away, and that was a cake. It was icky. But the best thing I have found I modified was the Mock Danish. The base recipe is great for making a brownie type treat for breakfast. I just start with the base (only have always used 2 eggs instead of 1) and added in 1T coconut oil, 1T pumpkin, 3T almond flour (I'm off induction) and a dash of each cinn, nutmeg, ginger, cloves, and allspice. Also add about 1-2T vanilla divinci syrup. Nuke for 5 minutes and yum tastes like a pumpkin brownie for breakfast. I wanna try adding cocoa and see if it makes a real brownie.