View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sun, Apr-15-01, 08:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 183/143/140
BF:
Progress: 93%

Hi All, (and you all better read this...third time typing it out....hehehehe).

Yesterday Hubby and I decided on visiting the thriving city of Barrie.

As time went on I realized I would have to start thinking about dinner. Naturally the thought here was...no way am I going to prepare something at home as by the time we get home it will be closer to 7 PM.

So with this in mind, my mind began racing at all of the choices we have in food outlets. Let's see now, no potatoes...hmmm...love those baked ones! No bread, well ok, but at restaurants they just seem to know how to make it just right! No pasta, oh...forgot about that stuff, must have eaten way too much of it prior to my woe now! No carrots, peas and corn....ummm...ok, getting a taste for cauliflower and broccoli now. No rice, well...well....ok

This brought me to Red Lobster and hubby agreed as he loves sea food. I have never been to Red Lobster before for fear of pricing, lets face it, seafood is expensive. Well I was right as by the time we sat down to check over the menu, Wendy started getting nervous, then again, I always get nervous at restaurants...I am always thinking, hmmm....that cut of meat would cost this amount and that salad would be...etc...and to do it at home it would be half the price...hehehe...One must remember one deserves a nice outing to a restaurant!

Anyhow, the food experience was a nice one. I had a Steak and Shrimp plate with a Caesar salad, no croutons. Hubby had a plate where he chooses two items and then also receives a side dish of his choice, (thank God he didn't choose a baked potato or I would have jumped up out of my seat and killed him right there!) plus he received a Caesar salad too.

I have been out to lunches prior to this dinner and find that when ordering out on this woe, it is a wonderful experience and easy to do. When on diet plans in the past, eating out was not the thing to do, due to not being allowed so many of the foods!

Now how great is this....I tell ya folks, this woe keeps getting better and better!

Wendy
Happy Easter All
Sponsored Links