View Single Post
  #12   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:44
On my way to 200's

Plan: high protein low carb
Stats: 372.6/358/250 Female 5'5
BF:I've got that!
Progress: 12%

I know what you mean CB, My background is Indonesian and Chinese and the staples for breakfast, lunch and dinner is RICE!!!!

I truly think this is why I was and overweight child. In Indonesia there is a lullaby that even talks about eating rice for breakfast, lunch and dinner.

My Immediate family is cool with my low carbing, though sometimes they forget. My husband is Puerto Rican and I dont think he remembers how rice and beans taste cause I dont cook it for him anymore.

The other family members say they could never give up their rice. but they dont look down on me for low carbing. When I go over for gatherings they usually tell me whats cooking to see if I can eat any of the food, otherwise I bring my own grub and they tell me it looks delicious. Summer is just around the corner and low carbing will be great b/c Ill be grilling all summer long.. I can't wait for the summer its freezing here in NY 9 degrees today.

I can understand the italian thing. My 2 coworkers are Italian and are low carbing along with me. I hear them having their pasta cravings, dessert cravings etc. They have resorted to having Sopresata, peperroni, salami, mozzarella and peppers on hand in the fridge from Arthur Ave in the Bronx. They just have to be careful of the additives. Think there is some dish where you throw all those things in and eat it like a salad.??