#1   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 206/183/145 Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 38%
Default Low Carb Foods I've Found!!!

Hi All:
I know some of these foods have been mentioned (it's been awhile since I've been back to this forum and I've been off Atkins for about 2 months for a pregnancy).

Ok, here goes:

ICE CREAM:

CarbSmart - their chocolate is delicious (made by Breyer's). Has anyone tried the vanilla or strawberry yet? What do you think of those? Only 4 carbs.

Blue Bunny Sugar Free - these ice creams are more fun than carbsmart but the carbs are higher - like 12 carbs per serving but it's nice for a treat as they taste exactly like their regular versions.

BREADS:

Basha's Food Store: Just picked up their Rye and Wheat reduced carb bread for $2.50 a loaf. These are made fresh in their bakery section and have 6.5 carbs per slice - really very good and they don't have almond flour in them (it turns out I have a food allergy to almonds).

Western Bagel. 2 THUMBS DOWN!!! The Alternative Reduced carb bagels: These are a sick farse. They are about 18 grams of carbs per each TINY 2 oz bagel after you take out the fiber. They "may" be reduced but not worth the high carbs. They fool you by having a sunburst in black on the front that says 5 (I didn't look at it closely and took that to mean they had 5 carbs per bagel or serving). If you look REALLY close it say 5 pack (pack is in TINY print underneath the number 5). I currently get a REAL low carb bagel up in Las Vegas that has only 1.5 carbs per bagel and it is about a 4 oz bagel (a real sized bagel).

Hope that helps others of you out there watching out for food items.
Sponsored Links