Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 13:01
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost
I agree. If we all email them maybe they will think again.

The problem is unless they are sure they have a market they back off because of limited shelf space. They actually pay grocery stores for premium eye level shelf space. It's called slotting fees. If you don't believe me here's a link to an article about it. Slotting Fees

We shouldn't have to pay premium prices for LC products. I guess we just have to wait until more companies realize that's what comsumers want.

The irony of it all is that they don't even need to pay slotting fees, this kind of stuff is flying off the shelves -- in Canada -- even at premium prices and in hard to find locations.

Consider ALSO making your very specific wants known to the Grocery or Service Managers in your regular stores; they in turn lean on their big distributors who lean on the manufacturers. THEY get listened to and THEN the companies will realize what consumers want...

I've been doing this for some time, in writing, right at the service desk of the grocery store while I'm there picking up other things. A year ago it got pork rinds back on the shelves for the first time in 8 years...