View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:21

Plan: Low-Cal - good carbs
Stats: 235/229/150 Female 5' 9"
BF:
Progress: 7%

Elaine (ewinpa):
After doing some reading, it seems something akin to PP's maintenance with an eye toward lower-fat might be a wiser choice for someone with thyroid problems such as yours. This is very close to Wendy's on-going plan.

I'm not sure about the serotonin connection, but it certainly is worth exploring - especially in light of your past success with the fen portion of fen-phen. Have you discussed using any of the serotonin re-uptake inhibitor type meds (Paxcel, Zoloft, Prozac, Lexapro and many others)? These increase the concentration of serotonin actually available to the body by slowing down the body's reabsorption of the neurotransmitter (normally is is reabsorbed quickly by the body)

Kathy (Bawdy):
Your kitty remains in my prayers.

Re: cooking eggbeaters - for both hubby and me - I just pour the equivilent of 8 eggs in a 10" T-Fal saute skillet - sprinkle with seasoning salt, pepper and gralic powder - add 4 ozs lean ham cut into roughly 1/4" cubes and sprinkle 2 ozs of shredded cheese on top. I cover this and let it cook undisturbed on low heat while I'm making LC toast, breakfast drinks, and hubby's lunch. I remove the cover for about a minute before removing from the heat (it allows the risen omelet to deflate - makes it easier to flip the halves together - and also allows any steam / moisture that formed during cooking to evaporate. This makes a huge omelet which I cut in half (looks like 1/4th of a pie when served)

Marjorie (Marnie):So good to see a post from you - congrats on the 2 lb weight loss. Hope the appetite wanes soon.

WTG re: eating rigth on vacation - you are such an inspiration to me. San Diego is a wonderful city - I look forward to going back after hubby retires.

Weird Re; the Atkins bars - maybe there is something in them that isn't allowed in Canada???

Gotta run for now - more later