View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 12:19

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 151/128/110 Female 5'1.5"
BF:Yes
Progress: 56%

I am not really a breakfast food eater so for the most part I don't eat traditional breakfast foods but here are a few things that have worked for me...and they are induction friendly! P.S. The recipes were found mainly on this site. I have also been turned on to turnips lately....fry them up with a little bit of onion topped with cheddar cheese and bacon....yummy!

Cream Cheese Crepes
1 egg
1 oz. cr. cheese
1 T. butter
1/2 t. vanilla
2 packets Splenda

Melt butter in skillet. Beat egg and 1 packet Equal. Pour into skillet and let cook - do not stir. Meanwhile, stir cr. cheese, vanilla, and remaining Splenda together. When egg looks done, spread cheese mixture over it, allowing it to melt a bit. Take a spatula and, starting on one side, roll up the egg, crepe style, and remove from pan. Enjoy

Mock Danish

2 oz cream cheese (soften in microwave)
1 egg
1 tblspn splenda
1 tsp lemon concentrate
1/2 tsp vanilla

mix softened cream cheese and egg. Add remaining ingredients. microwave on high for 2 minutes.

Depends how you make it.... the traditional recipe with 1 egg, 2oz cream cheese, and a packet of Splenda would be about 3.5g.

Zucchini Hashbrowns
1 - 1/2 pounds zucchini
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs
6 T. Grated Parmesan cheese
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/4 cup butter

Directions:
1. Coarsely shred zucchini (you should have about 4 cups) and combine salt in a medium size bowl. Let stand for 15 minutes. Squeeze with your hands to press out moisture.
2. Stir in eggs, cheese and garlic.
3. Melt 2 T butter in a wide frying pan over medium high heat . Mound about 2 T of the zucchini mixture in pan; flatten slightly to make a patty. Repeat until pan is filled, but don't crowd patties in pan. Cook patties, turning once, until golden on both sides. (about 6 minutes).
4. Lift out and arrange on a warm platter, keep warm

Egg Mock Muffin
Recipe: 1 pg. sausage meat
10-12 eggs (beaten)
6 tbsp. whipping cream
Optional:
1 oz. shredded cheese (cheddar, swiss, etc.)
Cooked bacon pcs., mushroom pcs., diced onion .... use your imagination for variation.
(1) Cook sausage meat untill crumbly.
(2) Spray muffin tins with Pam (I use olive oil in a pump spray container).
(3) Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
(4) Pour cooked sausage meat into muffin tins, filling to half full.
(5) Add water to beaten egg mixture, stir.
(6) Add egg mixture on top of sausage meat to almost full.
(7) Add cheese or optional items.
(8) Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
(9) Remove from muffin tins and refrigerate.
Good for on the run breakfasts or snacks.
You can also make this using cooked bacon or ham instead of the sausage meat.

Cream cheese pancakes
1 8 oz package cream cheese
4 eggs, separated
1/2 tsp Somersweet (I used splenda and I used 1 tsp, could have used more)
1/2 tsp cinnamon
butter for pan, griddle

Syrup
2 teaspoons Somersweet (splenda)
1/2 stick butter
1/2 tsp cinnamon

In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, egg yolks, Somersweet (splenda) and cinnamon until well blended.

In another bowl, beat egg whites with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Fold egg whites into cream cheese mixture.

Heat griddle to medium heat. Dollop about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the buttered griddle.

Cook until golden brown, about 2-3 minutes. Flip and cook other side to a golden brown, adding butter to griddle as needed.

To make Syrup...
Mix sugar substitute with melted butter until dissolved. Stir in cinnamon and pour over pancakes.

This was really good. If you like the mock danish, you will LOVE this. I liked it but would only use 3 eggs next time since it was a little eggy tasting for me. They syrup is fantastic drizzled over these!!

Breakfast Meatballs:
2 lbs sausage
1 lb ground beef
3 eggs
2 TBS instant minced onion
1/2 lb shredded cheddar cheese
black pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine all ingredients and mix well. Roll into 1-1/2" balls and place on cookie sheet. Bake 20-25 minutes. Makes about 50 meatballs. They freeze well after cooking for an anytime snack.

One meatball (approx.)
Calories: 87
Carbs: 0.137
Protein: 5.36