#2   ^
Old Wed, Jan-14-04, 06:07
Registered Member

Plan: PP
Stats: 186/129/125 Female 5'4"
BF:30.5%
Progress: 93%
Default I'm baaaack!

Actually got back on Sat. evening but have been catching up with the messages on the board as well as catching up with things at home. Welcome to all our new friends. It's so great to see people making healthy choices about their lifestyles. It still seems hard to believe that well under a year ago I was wearing a size 18 and feeling like a blimp.
Trip went well. There were a few glitches with things on the way down. DS and I missed our connection in San Francisco and our DD and her hubbie's flight was delayed and they had to spend the night in Seattle airport. But the return flights went like clockwork. We spent about half the time in Ensenada Mexico with DS and new daughter-in-law and the other half in San Diego with a sister of my first husband and her husband.
It was definitely chilly in Mexico. Now I knew this in advance and so had brought warm clothes but it still was uncomfortable, especially in our room with no heat. It was great to finally get warm in San Diego. We ate a lot of different restaurants at noon and it was wonderful to be able to eat outside on a patio and bask in the sun. Especially when I returned to the deep freeze here.
Food-wise, the trip was good. We cooked most of our own food in Mexico. Had tacos a couple of times but just ate the "innards". In San Diego we ate at quite a few ethnic restaurants and at one Thai restaurant they even had a low carb menu. Came home 2 lb. lighter than when I left. Since I've been back though, I've wanted to eat everything in sight. So I'm doing a very brief stint of a variation on Wendy's protein days. I'm keeping very low carbs and high protein and eating several small meals in hopes of getting into ketosis and curbing the appetite. I'm less worried about fat as all I have at home is full fat cottage cheese and cheese. My home-made yogourt is made with 1% milk, so that is fairly low fat.
We did a ton of walking in San Diego which is also very hilly. My VCR does not want to work right now so I'm back to walking at the mall. Just a bit too chilly to walk outside currently--and slippery. Means I cannot do my weight exercises either as they are on VCR. Very annoying. Still have Curves though.
It's great to be back. Hope everyone has a great LC day.
Marjorie

PS Never realized that the Atkins Advantage bars are different in Canada than in the US. Never cared for them at all--some chemical taste. Had one in the US and it was great. Then from my brother-in-law I discovered that they must use a different formula and they taste different in the US. However, this was the last night we were there so it was too late to buy any to bring back. I had bought a couple more to eat on Sat. for the flight. I've asked DS who is still in Mexico if he can bring some back with him if he gets a chance to go shopping in the US.