View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-01, 20:47

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 181/138/125
BF:
Progress: 77%

Hi there Lindy!

I'm sure someone can help you out with the exact numbers, but I can give you some general advice.

When you're first starting out in induction, you're losing a lot of water. Along with that water, you're also losing a lot of salt, magnesium, potassium and other elements. The muscle tingling and soreness is a side effect of this. I had a lot of muscle fatigue and soreness too and I had to add an extra 500 mg of magnesium, 1000 mg of calcium and about 300 more mg of potassium to my regular multivitamin to alleviate these symptoms.

I'm not sure if that's recommended by any experts or anything, but that's what worked for me. Everyone's different though.

Water is very important during this time too. If you let your fluid volume get too low, you can get the fluttery hearbeat and dizziness and palpitations too. So you need to drink a LOT of water while you're losing so much. More than the recommended 64 ounces. I had to drink about 4 liters to keep from getting symptoms.

Maybe this will help you out a bit until someone can be more specific with the numbers. Keep the faith!