#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 14:37

Plan: SP
Stats: 160/155/135 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress:
Default New with questions

Hello everyone
I'm new not only to this board but also to low-carbs. I have not read any books as of yet, but the SP WOL sounds the most logical of all the low-carb plans I've researched on the net. I have ordered SP1 but it hasn't come yet - I really look forward to reading it. Now for some questions:
I realize that SP is a WOL, but is it practical for the whole family? Our children range in age from 12 to 4 months - are the children OK with more carbs because of their high energy levels? Also, the youngest hasn't started solids yet, but with all the others the first foods I used were grain based cereals and fruits - both very high carbs. Does either SP1 or SP2 address this issue at all? I realize that most people (in this country) have health problems due to high carb diets, what about preventing our children from developing those problems in the first place?
As for a bit of our diet history, we've not used any hydrogenated oils for about 10 years, we all love eggs from our free range chickens & ducks, and we have recently changed over to range fed beef - in other words, we're not into 'low-fat'. As for carbs, we've been led to believe that as long as they're 'complex' they're good for you. It makes so much sense now, though, that they're not. When I first researched this I knew we should cut back on them, and now that we have, my craving for whole wheat bread is stronger than it is for sweets! And I think we've bought our last bag of potatoes!

Brit
Sponsored Links