#1   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 12:51
Experimenter

Plan: DDF
Stats: 202/185.4/179 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Stall and Unstall

Just thought I'd share my story because it might happen to others. I had about 50 pounds to lose (about 30 now). I lost the initial 8 or so pounds when I started Atkins. Then I didn't lose. I don't mean I stalled for a week or two, I mean I stalled for months.

But I stuck with it. I really liked this way of eating. I eat plenty of low carb vegetables (salads, broccoli, cauliflower, artichokes). I like messing around with lowcarb baking, ice cream and such. I was constantly in ketosis, but just not losing weight.

At first I was eating a lot. I mean, I was constantly munching on something lowcarb. I wasn't gaining weight, but I sure wasn't losing it either. After awhile my appetite diminished and I started eating less and less. And then the weight started coming off very, very slowly.

This might seem disheartening however I'm actually quite pleased with the results. I feel like my eating habits are like a normal persons now. I eat until I feel full, sometimes a tad more. I stay full. I'm not ravenous or wanting to munch simply for the sake of munching a couple hours later.

I don't crave anything with carbs. In fact, I simply have no cravings. I can eat one LC chocolate and stop at that (good thing because of the tummy problems), I never could have that sort of thing in the house before, I'd consume the entire thing in a couple days.

I've been pretty much cheat free the entire time I've been on the diet. I think going back to a high carb diet, even just temporarily, might undo all the physical changes that have taken place over the course of the last 9 months that put me into this state of feeling like a "normal eater" with feelings of satiety, not craving or thinking about eating much.

So if you're metabolically challenged like I am, just stay the course. Find LC foods you really enjoy. Toss in some LC treats. Wait for that appetite to shrink a bit and you'll find yourself slowly losing weight eventually. I lose probably an average of .5 a week. A snails pace, but hey! Better than the reverse. I'm sure if I exercised this whole process would be a lot faster.

BTW: I'm rarely in ketosis now, when I am it is very, very light.
Sponsored Links