View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 12:04

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 191.2/161.4/140 Female 5' 10"
BF:no clue/28.46%/:)
Progress: 58%

These are such wonderfuly thoughtful responses! And I agree with all of them. I certainly have learned that there are physical issues and there are emotional issues. Not to be cheesy but I once heard Dr. Phil say something that made alot of sense to me. "If you chronically eat for reasons other than nutrition, you'll end up fat." After really thinking about that In the middle of a month ling carb fest, I started to realize that at least 80 percent of my food consumption had absolutely nothing to do with hunger. That was all the motivation I needed to go back to induction. This last time I made myself a very solemn promise. No more dieting. NO MORE. I know what it takes for me to be healthy and strong and gorgeous and I'm not going to accept any less than that. Contaminating my body with sugar and refined carbs that send me into tailspins of hunger, depression, and fatigue is not indulgence. It's sabotage.

It's funny, but I find that is I'm conciously working towards health in one area of my life, the other areas start to become healthier as well. Right now I'm exercising 7 days a week, in school, and deeply in love with myself. I couldn't jeapordize that for anything.

BTW I'm a fairly new poster but I can't thank all of you enough. There are so many loving, intelligent people here and I just love reading your thoughts!! Very inspiring!

Cheers-Emmsy