View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:42

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Keeping the temptations out of the house will help a lot, but obviously it doesn't help at places like work. I had a hard time with this at first. I started paying attention to why I was cheating and what I was eating. What I discovered was that I was eating when I was angry or lonely or tired and needed a quick boost. Often at work.

I bought one of those little refrigerators and I keep it stocked with low carb snacks. I also keep something in my purse in case a meal is delayed so I have a low carb option at hand if I ever get hungry and there aren't good choices nearby.

Another thing that really helps me is journalling what I'm eating. I carry it with me at all times. That keeps me from accidentally going over what I should have each day. I don't think I'll always carry this, but for now it helps.

It also helps me if I have a goal I'm working towards. I'm facing surgery in a few months and I wanted to go into it being as healthy as I could be. I think this way of eating will do that for me. It's keeping me from cheating. I think any goal or motivation you can think of would help, doesn't have to be as drastic as mine

And finally I agree with Yvonne. I've come to think of those sugary foods as poison. They just don't appeal to me anymore with the possible exception of chocolate. I get so angry when I think of all those food companies putting corn syrup in everything so it tastes sweeter, sells more and make them a higher profit. That is exactly like the cigarette industry. They know it's bad for us, but they care more about their profit than they do about the health of their fellow human beings. In my mind, I don't see eating these sugary foods as any less harmful than puffing on a cigarette.

My hope is that this low carb way of living catches on and we see our food start to change again with much less emphasis on sugary foods and drinks.

Squid