#5   ^
Old Tue, Jan-13-04, 08:29
Butter Tastes Better

Plan: Atkins OWL / IF-23/1 /BFL
Stats: 100/100/100 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 34%

Great post OHGal1415!

For myself I go for a long walk with my walkman and think. Usually when I want to eat bad foods I get very restless and walking calms me down and gets rid of that explode feeling.

I try and find low carb food choices if I am hungry and sometimes my choice of food isnt the greatest but still low carb and that way I dont totally feel like I blew it and go on an all out binge.

I have this really bad problem where if I mess up on one little thing like eating one cookie at a party I will tell myself that I blew it for the day and since I already messed up just have more until it turns to an all out binge. Sometimes I can get myself on track the next day and sometimes it goes for days, weeks or even months.

ever since I began this WOE I havent felt the need to go off plan and if I was craving something, the idea of having a low carb substitute helps me with portion control knowing that I can have XYZ amount and not totally get off plan because of it, which pschologically keeps me from going on an all out binge (weird I know)

I just try and keep things in perspective and stay focused most of the time on whats going on and what triggers certain reactions from me.