View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 20:39

Plan: general LC
Stats: 195/142/148 Female 65
BF:
Progress: 113%

Lucymae,

I wouldn't worry too much about gaining weight for a week, or even a couple in a row. I think fluctuations are normal.

Have you thought about decreasing your carbs to get the weight loss moving again? I see in your profile on the left that you are doing 60 gms a day. What about decreasing that to 50 or even 40 and see if that kicks things off again.

Also, are you eating a lot of products containing sugar alcohols (bars, shakes, low carb substitutes and desserts)? That can stall some people. It does me. Maybe cut those out for a couple of week and see what happens.

Also, what about supplements? Are you getting those in or at least a multivitamin? I know Atkins has a supplement for getting off a stall, but I've never tried it and have no idea if it's any good.

I stalled for 6 months, but I decided to do induction and that has kicked things off again. Geesh not a lot of fun though.

Whatever you try, please keep in mind what a wonderful success you've had and give yourself a pat on the back. 275 to 159 is great!!!

Squid