#6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 14:31
Contributing Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 231/218.5/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 15%

Hi Sccuffy!

I'm so glad that you posted your thoughts because they are so similar to mine. There are so many different diet options, conflicting medical reports, things to consider...it's scary! I got to the point that I was afraid to try one more diet again for fear that the scale would not budge downwards for the umpteenth time. The thought of that was just too much to bear.

Smoothblu had a great suggestion...check out the link on the different low-carb plans. It's important to pick out a plan that fits you. I'd also add that you may want to browse through and read some of the posts in the various categories in this web forum. I did it for many days and the conclusion that I came to was that these are real people with real successes and real struggles. But in both cases, I saw people cheering others on. And I saw people lifting up those who were struggling. It's truly "reality web forum" at its best! The lo-carbers on this site get all the credit for giving me the resolve to finally go for my dream once more.

Before I started, I gathered information on the other plans and finally settled on Atkins. I thought it suited me best in terms of my goals, lifestyle, food preferences, and a medical condition that I have. Also, it's a plan that I think I can stick to for life. I bought the book, "Dr. Atkins' New Diet Revolution," and, along with the website, I feel confident that I have enough information to get started.

I suppose the proof of that is that I've been on Atkins for five days now and--I can't believe it--I have lost weight! I see that we're at similar starting weights with similar goals--so please let me know what you finally settle on.

I truly wish you all the best!!!