#8   ^
Old Thu, Sep-20-01, 08:58
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 263/199/174
BF:
Progress: 72%
Default Thanks a lot

Thanks people. I'm really impressed by how supportive people are on this site.

As to posting the pics - not so courageous - honestly have done far worse.(part of the reason for the 100 or so excess pounds was a nasty drug/alcohol habit plus bad depression - so this not so bad!!)

Actually am going to do 13 weeks - as this will take me to Christmas Eve...may have a day or two off...

Would be interested in any dietary advice. I'm going to stick to Atkins as it seems to be working+++ but am a little confused after reading/browsing around. eg 6 meals?, post workout carb+protein?, late evening high protein meal??? I'm going to be exercising early am (before baby wakes up) on an empty stomach as this seems to be the advice to shed fat. Can easily increase protein intake with either a soya protein shake (vile) or a whey one (moderately vile) with minimal carb. I'm probably getting 10-15g carb at the moment and as i will have been on Atkins nearly 5 weeks, plan to increase to 20-30.

And supplements? Six years of med school taught me nothing!! I'm on some vits+minerals, EFAs, chromium, Ca/Mg/Zn. Sounds like glutamine and creatine thought fairly essential. Any advice.

My other problem is that I am so inflexible. I don't think I've stretched for years and honestly have trouble bending to pick Helen up of the floor.

Anyhow (this is going to sound really sad) since the baby is at day nursery today I've lain on the bed and read all afternoon. Have to lie when wife comes home and suggest i've been doing the housework.

Cheers

Jon