Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 09:43
Registered Member

Plan: My Own
Stats: 280/118/117.5 Female 5ft 5.25 in
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyJourney
He is still considered in a normal weight range according to BMI although he is on the low end and should gain about 25 lbs. It seems hard to believe that at 1800 calories a day your body would consider itself starving.

He is eating about 13 calories per pound which is more than most of us eat at 10-12 times our body weight.

Of course I dont think eating all 1800 calories in one meal is good at all, 1800 calories is still a decent amount of food for a person. If it was 800 calories that would be a different story.

Well those of us on diets have plump adipose tissue, and we can afford that kind of calorie restriction. If I lower my calories to 12 times my body weight, I am nowhere near starving since my body is eating its fat, not its essential tissues.

An already underweight man, however, has almost no fuel reserves, and he cannot afford to restrict his calories like that and expect health. He has no fat to eat and his body will go into an emergancy mode of drastically slowing metabolism and wasting muscle to support life.

That's why this CR thing works so well (in theory anyway). The goal is to slow down metabolism by wasting muscles and decreasing thyroid function. Any metabolic (energy utilizing) activity causes aging. The very process of converting energy from one form to another causes aging. Yes, as simple as it sounds, living is the cause of dying . What a discovery, huh?

Well what these crazy people are trying to do is slow down the pace at which they live, to lengthen their life span. The lifestyle these people have chosen would be equivilant to say, eating a piece of chocolate painfully slowly to the point where you are uncomfortable, rather than enjoying it and eating it at a normal pace. They are so concerned with drawing out the pleasure of life, that they are making their life hell. I feel bad for them.