Registered Member

Plan: Protein Power
Stats: 180/160/160 Male 5.7
BF:
Progress: 100%
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by liz175
I more worry that lowcarb will go the way of lowfat, with people thinking that it is okay to eat anything they want as long as it is lowcarb. I realize that many people use these products in moderation to supplement their diet and I think that is fine. However, I am concerned that people new to lowcarb will use these products as the basis of their diet instead of changing the way they eat in order to be more healthy. It all people do is substitute lowcarb bread for regular bread, lowcarb ice cream for regular ice cream, lowcarb candies for regular candies, etc. they probably won't lose much weight if any, and they won't get any healthier, but they will decide that lowcarb doesn't work.
You very much beat me to it, Liz! I don't care about the market just like the market doesn't care about our health; all it cares about is profit margins. Wherever they sense money is to be made, they go. They are ready to manufacture and sell low anything as long as there are people ready to buy their stuff. I too worry that this trend interest in low carb will ruin, not the market, but the principle in people's minds before they even try it or care to educate themselves about it.