View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 08:12

Plan: Charles Clark/Atkins
Stats: 164/161/124 Female 5' 4"
BF:28%/28%/21%
Progress: 8%

Hi Gary,

Firstly welcome and well done on the weight loss.

My thoughts for you

1. Start a journal on this forum (how-to thread)

2. Get an account at FitDay this is 1 free and 2 allows you to enter all your details so that you can check your carb values and fat % and other things too (plus you can add in exercise), they have just started doing a PC package version which was $19.95 I think introductory offer.

3. Most people suggest to aim for 65%+ Fat percentage, based with ~20g carb

4. A lot of people say that going below 20g carbs doesn't give any more benefit but I seem to find the lower the carb intake the higher you need your fat intake.

5. You shouldn't have that many carbs that you can't add in more veg (i.e. full salad at lunch time), remember that fibre doesn't count.

Also you might notice a rise in weight but a lose in inches - so make sure that you are taking both. Generally after a large weight loss your body can take a week or so to stablise during that time your weight could go up but your inchs might be going down.

Basically I rarely use the scales now as I found that depressed me - whereas those small jeans are a great indication of how I am doing.

Good luck and regardless of how fast your weight lose is - the health benefits are 10-fold.

Sarah