#6   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 07:02
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/Protein Power
Stats: 346/295/220 Male 6'1"
BF:
Progress: 40%
Default Let the challenge begin

My wife, Wendi, and I drove almost two hours to the weigh-in at Easton, Ohio, which is a suburb -- very nice one at that -- of Columbus. When we got there, the temperature was below freezing and the line was long. We went in to watch the final episode of The Lord of the Rings, and went back and the line was considerably shorter. We waited about 20 minutes to weigh-in. A gentleman told us that the response was greater than they anticipated, and they would send us the kits.

We were also told, once inside dieticians/nutritionists would talk to us. The only thing anbody said to either of us was, "Please step on the scale."

I weighed in at 312, however, that was clothes and shoes. That's not how I typically weigh here at the house. The clothing etc. added eight pounds. So, I was 304 according to how I weigh in, and the next day I was 310/302.

I plan on following a low carb diet (to everyone's surprise on these boards) and taking Reliv nutritional supplements. I have not followed a strict low-carb diet since May/June. I originally lost about 52 pounds, and then gained 10 pounds back over the eight-month lay off.

I am interested to see how the Reliv products and low carb diet work together. I have been taking the products for almost four months (just so there is truth in advertising, my wife and I sell these), and it has helped to take my cravings away. But what I don't know is if the carbohydrates in one of the products (17g) will affect it.

At any rate, I was down 2 pounds the first day, and I hope there is more good news to report.

Best wishes all,

Bobby Warren