View Single Post
  #5   ^
Old Mon, Jan-12-04, 06:33

Plan: Atkins & Schwarzbein
Stats: 234/157/90 Female 4' 6"
BF:56.4%/38.8%/23.9%
Progress: 53%

DevonGal

Congratulations on those 5 pounds gone in week 1. I wish you every success in week 2, but the loss is generally less in week 2, so do not expect to much.

I don't want to cast a damper on what is a good weight loss, but the reason for the large weight loss in week 1 is largely, but not entirely, due to water loss from the body. As you use up the carbs in your body they release the water associated with them. Each carb molecule holds onto 4 water molecules, so you can see that a lot of water is released.

Keen at it though, the results are great. I've been living this way of life for nearly 2.5 years and the results for me are good. See my photos in the link below my signature fairy.

xenavodka

Hi Donna,

To get your carbs nearer 20 you should eat more veggies. They are good for you, after all. Keep your induction levels near 20 as this helps to balance the other hormones in your body. Minimal carbs is not particularly healthy.

On the sausage front Doogie has given you some good information. All UK sausages contain some carbs, but this varies a lot. In general the more expensive ones have the least carbs. Do read the labels. Do a search in both the supermarket thread above, but also in general on this forum as the topic of sausages has been discussed several times.