View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 21:21

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 227/227/175 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 0%

Airam,

I also have IBS and as with you I have had very good results with this woe and decreased IBS symptoms. Actually only one bought in the summer when on holidays... and for some reason I have a small flair up right now. One of the things that I have done beside this WOE#is added 1 tbsp of metamucil every night in a large glass of water (sugar free, orange flavor). This helps to keep me regular and occassionally if I am not I add a stool softner like ducosate. It really has helped not having processed foods and I think wheat and starchy products were a trigger for me.

Besides for diet, IBS is also triggered for what ever reason by stress so look at that possiblity. As a new mom are you getting the sleep etc. I would strongly recommend keeping to this woe if it helped in the past. Especially if you are hoping to loose wt. The wt you have gained and are not loosing is probably related to the IBS flair up. Studies have shown that attacks add wt either from bloating and water retention or what... they were not sure but there was a study done when the case study was not having an attack and when they did and the gain was very dramatic.

IBS is a terrible affliction with a lot of different ideas but as no one person has the same triggers, or things that relieve them it is trial and error for each of us.

I thank God that I have been relatively free since June 2003. The fatigue/ pain were really effecting my daily life activity.