#7   ^
Old Sun, Jan-11-04, 18:20
Give chance a chance

Plan: General LC maintenance
Stats: 152.6/115.6/115 Female 60 inches
BF:28%
Progress: 98%

Quote:
can only see that happening to those that don't read up on low carb before they begin and even then, I would hope that someone following a low carb regime would recognize that 100 grams of carb for a meal is NOT low carb no matter what the manufacturer claims!

I'm not so sure about that, Lisa. I agree with everything you and Tofi have written, but I can also remember buying products labeled "Low Fat" without having a lot of knowledge about what that entailed. Maybe my problem was that I hated eating low fat, and didn't really want to do my homework. I only wanted to lose some weight....having no intention of having to eat that way forever.

Those beginning to jump on the low carb bandwagon are not necessarily going to immerse themselves in books or even forums about it. Of course, they should, but a lot of them won't. I'll bet any number of them won't have a clue about how many carbs they should be eating in a meal or a day. There are a lot of desperate, overweight sheep out there!

I checked out the labels of the supposedly lc Lean Cuisine frozen meals when I was in the grocery store yesterday. Mostly out of curiosity, since I found them fairly unappetizing when I was doing a low fat thing. Personally, I don't want anything that has 23 to 27 carbs for just one piddly little meal.

But in answer to the original question, I'm really not terribly worried about some of the companies with new lc products going belly up. Most of them sell other products as well. And there will always be some sf products around, especially given the surge in diabetes. Vegetables, meat, poultry, fish, eggs, cheese, etc. are still going to be in the stores.

Kay