View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 22:31

Plan: low carb for life
Stats: ???/???/??? Female 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Hi rose7,
I believe there are as many reasons WHY people gain weight back as there are people who do gain it back.

I had originally lost 85#'s following this wol and successfully kept it off for about 3.5 years. Unfortunately when my fibro myalgia flared up in the summer and a huge depression with it I threw all care and knowledge out the window. It took about 4 months for me to gain about 20#'s back.Slowly I introduced more of the white foods (flour, sugar, potatoes, etc...) a little here and a little there. It didn't stay just a little though, quickly my body thought it needed more and more of these foods. The cycle had begun.

You see I AM a carbohydrate addict. I can no more eat just a little of these things and quit than an alchoholic can have just one drink and quit or a drug addict can have just one hit and quit. I have discovered thru this forum that there are many, many people that are in the same boat as me. The real kicker is that many fruits and some of the vegetables have the same affect on my body (sugar addiction) as the raw sugars do. This doesn't explain how everyone is but this is my story. Fortunately I am now back in control and have been for about 3 weeks. I know moderation will never work for me. Blessings, Karen