#2   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 21:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 320/220/195 Male 6'0"
BF:
Progress: 80%

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotbeer
"I've read some of the studies, and they say there are 32 million people on the Atkins diet," said Kristin Schuetz...
Marketing research firm NPD Group more conservatively estimates that about 3.6 percent of Americans, or just more than 10 million, are on a low-carb/high-protein diet. But NPD says the ranks may have grown since its study ended in August.

WOW!!!

Quote:
"A fad turns into a trend and at some point becomes mainstream," said Jeff Endervelt, chief executive officer at Blimpie. "I think that's what we saw in this case."

I'd love nothing more [except maybe an admission that it's safe and effective] than to see the Anti-LC folks have to eat crow when they realize this "fad" is not going away as they've been predicting for over a year now...Unlike the 1980s LF Fad, LC is here to stay...BECAUSE [UNLIKE LF] IT ACTUALLY WORKS.

Quote:
Some large chains such as Addison-based Pizza Hut Inc. say they have no low-carb items on their menus but are studying the trend.

Mmmm....LC Pizza. When Pizza Hut comes out with a Good Tasting LC Pizza, I'll start eating there again.

Quote:
Some restaurants may be staying away because they fear the trend won't have staying power.

One test of the protein-rich diet came recently when mad cow disease was found in Washington state. But it didn't faze restaurant-goers – or low-carb dieters – to any significant extent.

"I think chains that have decided they are going to go in that direction are going to go ahead, just because it's becoming such a popular diet," said Bob Sandelman, president of restaurant research firm Sandelman & Associates Inc.

As I said before...LC is here to stay.

Quote:
The new low-carb dishes, loaded with palate-pleasing delights such as steak and butter, are a far cry from the cardboard-like veggie burgers that have been staples of low-fat restaurant menus for years.

Me thinks the writer is a Low Carber...