View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Wed, Sep-19-01, 17:44

Plan: Protein Power/Atkins
Stats: 192/119/111
BF:
Progress: 90%
Default Diverticulitis "scare"??

I need some information on diverticulitis and low carbing. I responded to a forum at about.com, and a lady said her hubby had diver. and that their doctor told them that "low carb diets bring on diverticulitis". What is the scoop on this?? He told her hubby to stop the low carb, and start eating all kinds of cereal, grains, etc., for fiber!! Well, then I called a local internist who I know socially, and he told me that if you are not getting enough fiber, that diverticulitis may result. So....since then, I have been getting all kinds of email, etc., from people that are saying that a low carb lifestyle gives you diverticulitis. Personally, I think the hubby wasn't eating any carbs, let alone cruciferous veggies and other low carb fiber, but while I am at it, how much fiber is needed, and what are good things to eat in order to get your fiber? Thanks for any information. P.S. I'm so tired of all the nay sayers and each different horrible disease they come up with because they can't understand lowcarb lifestyle. Is everyone hearing all these things, or is it just me??? Pam
Sponsored Links