View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 14:33

Plan: Atkins-Maintenance
Stats: 122/109/110 Female 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 108%
Cool Question for those of you who went off the plan..

Hi everyone,

I often read threads where many have come back to the plan after gaining all the lost weight back. Those of you who’ve lost weight on Atkins, went off the plan, and gained everything back (not just a couple of pounds), I was curious of how you ate when you were off the plan. Is it eating just the high amount of carbs that brings all the weight back? If one stayed within caloric limits and watched fat intake, is it not possible to at least somewhat maintain even on high carb? I’m sure there will be some initial water gain from glycogen(?), but I thought that that will eventually ‘level out’ and a person would be able to maintain his/her weight if the calories and fat were in a conscious range. Does going back to eating carb as the main fuel source really produce so much excess insulin that all the hard work done will disappear entirely?

I ask because I eat quite a bit of carbs now that I’m on maintenance. I’ve eaten just about everything except for ‘white’ stuff, like white flour, sugar, white rice, and white potatoes. I sometimes eat foods that have some of these things in small amounts. I’ve been able to maintain so far.. and I couldn’t help but wonder if I started eating the ‘white’ foods again, I’d gain back everything I had lost. Even if I counted calories.
Don’t get me wrong, I don’t plan on doing that cuz I really enjoy this woe , and I’ve seen way too much health benefits to change, but it bothers me to think that just by eating more carbs, one would gain so much weight so quickly and easily.

Happy Low Carbing

Sponsored Links