View Single Post
  #14   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 14:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 180/135/140 Female 5.3
BF:
Progress: 113%

I reached goal in the later part of summer, then dropped 5 pounds under goal, with out trying ( 50-80 carbs aday) by about end of Oct and stayed there.

I have been eating like this (below) since about 10-15 pounds from goal, I'm a firm beleiver in reintroducing foods during OWL.

Breakfast: Most often is 1) Porridge, (made from oats, flaxmeal, wheat germ)
With one or two of the following:
1/3 cup blueberries,
1/3 banana, 1-2 Tbsp cream cheese, Sliced Almonds/walnuts, Devinci syrup, N/s jam, Cream.
2) Boiled eggs/butter one slice of toast (11carb no flour )
3) Toast/peanut butter.
4) Flax meal pancakes/n/s syrup.
I always have a fruit if I have #2-4 ,1/2 pear, apple gratefruit, orange.
Lunch: Most often is :1) whole can of Tuna over a salad/ blue cheese dressing
2) Meatball soup with greens, Mushroom soup with asparagus and tuna added.
3) Ceasar salad/chicken, chefs salad.
4) any left over meat with veggies.

Dinner: I eat everything I cook for my family, except I do not eat potatoes, brown rice,ect everytime they have it, just 3-4 times a week. I always have speg Squash in the fridge, so I'll have that instead of the starches. I find this has work very well for me. I just have extra veggies or meat if I need to.

Things I won't eat, White rice,white flour products, pasta.

Snacks: yogurt, cottage cheese/fruit, raw veggies dip,the rare shake,ch/pepperoni, meatballs chicken wings,1/2 grilled cheese sand.I eat 3 servings of fruit a day on average.

Treats: Chapmas N/S Ice cream 2-3 times a week, juicey gels, 1-2 a week, Ross choc bars 1-2 week ( useally with my coffee).

I have everything in my cupboard to bake low carb, but have'nt bothered.

I make choices throughout the day as to how many grains I have and that determines whether I have the starch at dinner.
Last night I passed on the noodles, but then had Nachos late at night, had I eaten a starch at dinner I would of for gone the Nachos. For me this works great and I feel I can easily live like this for the rest of my life, I never feel deprived.

Cheers Kathy P.S. Tomorrow is my ONE YEAR ANNIVERSARY OF LOW CARB"N Yeppee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!