View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 11:53

Plan: atkins/intermit. fasting
Stats: 166/136/135 Female 5'3''
BF:
Progress: 97%

Withdrawal symptoms from carbs are very similar to withdrawal symptoms from caffeine. The body is not accustomed to so few carbs.

But, make sure that you are eating a balanced low carb diet. Do not make a "diet" out of this way of eating. While on induction, I always made sure that I ate nutrient packed low carb veggies. When choosing lettuce skip the ice berg ( nothing to it but water ). Romaine is a more nutritious choice. Add colorful low carb vegetables like red, orange or yellow bell peppers, radishes etc. I was raised on Southern cooking so it was easy for me to add cooked greens such as mustard, turnip and collards. I like to cook turnip greens with the turnip roots. I also like to pan fry my greens in a little bacon grease and olive oil and then add some water or chicken broth. Mushrooms is anothother way to add protein to your diet. I have never used ketosis as part of my diet. I can tell that I am in ketosis but I do not use it as a gage for weightloss. I continue to have an appetite but the hunger is a more kinder/gentler hunger pang. I eat 3xs a day and I eat until I am comfortable. I rarely go back for seconds. By lowering your carbs it is like taking control of your appetite which results in the control of portions etc. I take mag/calcium supplements. I also take 3-4 potassium supplements daily. That really helps with the energy issue.

Your mind will feel a tad foggy so take your time driving to work. Leave earlier than usual. You may need to write a list of tasks for the day so that you do not forget anything.