View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 11:22

Plan: Zone
Stats: 255/242/230 Male 75 inches (6'3")
BF:21%/15%/8%
Progress: 52%
Default Bfl

Quote:
1) Supplements: Right now, I take a multi-vitamin (no iron). Chromium picolonate (sp?) once a day. Flax oil capsule once a day. I see references to several supplements for weight lifting/muscle building: Creatine, Glutimate, Whey protein

I would up the flax to 1 Tablespoon of liquid per 100 lbs. bodyweight. It mixes in protein shakes well.

Whey would be the first choice on my list of the 3. I am also a big believer in glutamine, but whey is more important as far as I am concerned. If you are meeting your daily protein requirements already without whey, then you can go for the glutamine.

Are you taking any protein in after your weight lifting sessions? If not, a good whey isolate shake taken within 20 - 30 mins of your workout will do wonders for your growth and recovery.

Also, GNC is overpriced in most cases. Look online, or try proteinfactory.com for your protein.

Quote:
Stretching: I didn't find any specific references to this in BFL. Did I just miss it the 1st time through? Do folks stretch before and after a lifting day or just before? I'm way to stiff for my age, so I'm looking into some sort of stretching class at the gym I decide to join (Ti Chi or yoga or some such). Any recommendations.

Basic stretching between sets always worked for me. If you need to see some examples go here: Stretching