View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Sat, Jan-10-04, 04:53

Plan: Atkins > SBD from 27Sep04
Stats: 291/279/190 Female 5ft 9
BF:
Progress: 12%
Default Bars

I went on a week's holiday recently. i was not sure what lc food would be convenient to where i was going so I bought an Atkins bar for each day to use in emergency, and also some LC sweets (well, I was on holiday after all).

Anyway, I found that eating lc was no problem, and i was very very good. i walked every day, and didn't cheat once. But, I couldn't help eating the bars anyway. When I got home I was 5 pounds heavier. I dropped the bars and sweets and lost it again within 3 days. I can usually tell when i'm retaining fluid, this was not fluid. I'm off the atkins bars for good.

in terms of lc snacks... i usually go for a small tin of tuna, some cheese cubes, some macadamia nuts, olives, some celery sticks with peanut butter or cream cheese in a little plastic container. There are also a few receipes on the net for making your own protein bars using Whey protein isolate and splenda. I am not sure that these would cause the same problems as the atkins bars because of no sugar alcohols.